What is an “Impact Article”?
The Impact category is an easy way to find out how to get involved on an issue. These articles include tips and action steps so that you can easily get involved and help find collaborative solutions for issues in Palm Beach County.
Caregivers are essential in the lives of patients who need assistance in order to live at home. Since many people help care for family members in an informal way, full time caregivers who take care of family members can be underappreciated. These caregivers provide emotional, financial, nursing, social, homemaking, and other services on a daily basis. Their task list can be daunting:
- Giving medications
- Managing side effects
- Reporting problems to medical professionals
- Communicating with the patient and other family members about what's happening
- Helping decide if a treatment is working
- Making meals, grocery shopping, mowing the lawn, and other household chores
- personal care, feeding, toileting, dressing, bathing
- driving the person to doctor appointments; and
- dealing with finances and paying bills.
This is just a sample of the many daily responsibilities a caregiver may have. Take a moment to recognize the caregivers around you and tell them thanks for all they do!
Honor the special caregiver in your life by making a tribute gift in their name to Alzheimer's Community Care. We will post your name, your honoree's name and your special message on the Caregivers' Tribute Wall located at http://www.alzcare.org/tribute_wall For more information please call (561) 683-2700. The Caregivers' Tribute Wall is sponsored by Caring Comfort Calls (www.caringcomfortcalls.com)